Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is eCivis?
A: For more than a decade, eCivis has provided web-based grants management software to thousands of state, local, and tribal governments large and small. Our market includes some of the largest cities and counties (by population) in the United States, as well as special-purpose districts; schools, school districts, colleges, universities, and academic institutions; health care institutions; and nonprofit organizations.
Q: What grants management software does eCivis offer?
A: Our grants management software suite, Grants Network™, includes an all-inclusive grants database continually updated by our in-house research team, tracking and reporting software for grants compliance, an online grants university for team training, and cloud-based data integration technology for highly grant-active organizations. To learn more about Grants Network, click here.
Q: What's the ROI on Grants Network?
A: Return on investment (ROI) is one of our most commonly asked questions. There are several economic benefits that our clients have communicated to us in different areas. Combined, these benefits are some of the many reasons why 90% of our 1,800+ clients renew our services and hundreds of new clients partner with us each year.
Common benefits that customers experience include:
- Increased grant funding from various sources (federal, state, and private foundations)
- Lower cost to manage grants
- Decrease in returned grant dollars from audit findings or disallowed costs
- Improved reporting through powerful grants management tools
- Less data entry — resulting from integrated data from financial systems
- Improved overall productivity
- Ability to better collaborate/coordinate funding for future projects and programs within the organization
Q: How much do your products and services cost?
A: eCivis provides flexible pricing for any size organization. Price is dependent on product mix, population, and other factors.
- Population (state and local government). For all other type so of grant-active organizations, price is based on the level of subscription — limited license or enterprise.
- Limited license is generally for organizations with 10 or fewer people participating in grant activities.
- Enterprise is generally for organizations with multiple departments, groups, people (10+) participating in grant activities.
- Mix of services — We have several services that make up our SaaS application: eCivis Grants Network (Research, Tracking & Reporting, KnowledgeBase, and Data Integration). We also have professional services that include various levels of grant writing, peer review, training, and other customized grant services.
- Number of years subscribed — The longer the Grants Network subscription period, the better the pricing.
Q: Who are your clients?
A: Our clients range from small nonprofit organizations, to townships, to cities with a population of 10 million, to tribal governments, to states, counties, and large corporations. Grants Network is used by thousands of government offices, schools, and community-based organizations, and is the foundation for some of the most successful grant organizations in the country. Check out our testimonials and case studies for examples.
Q: Who are the end users of your products?
“A: Various staff within an organization benefit from our grants management software, including:
- City Managers/County Administrators: Review and manage funding streams.
- Grant Managers: Manage the portfolio organization-wide, including setting workflows, approvals, and due dates.
- Department Managers: Easily enter and review grant-related tasks and data.
- Auditors: Review documents by project, grant, or department.
Q: Do you assist organizations located outside the United States?
Q: What kind of grants can I expect to find with eCivis?
A: Geographically applicable grants, loans, and technical assistance programs of all sizes from federal and state agencies, as well as foundations, associations, and regional organizations and agencies. Our grants research product provides a comprehensive collection of relevant grants.
Q: Do you have a research team?
A: Yes. Our in-house team performs in-depth research and analysis on grants from federal, state, and foundation sources. Each grant in eCivis is a legitimate funding opportunity, summarized and clarified to save you time and help you decide if it is worth pursuing.
Q: Where are you located?
A: eCivis has offices in California, Arizona, and Texas. We also work with over 140 of the top grant professionals across the country to provide services and training.
Q: Can I see how Grants Network works?
Q: Where can I read about all your products and services?
A: Here is our products and services overview page.
Q: Are your services a la carte or an all-in-one solution?
A: You can purchase products/services individually or as a bundle — the more economical option.
Q: Is Grants Network accessible only from my work computer?
A: No. Grants Network is available anywhere with internet access. All you need is your username and password.
Q: May I set up a demo to learn more about your products?
A: Yes. Set up a demo here and we'll contact you soon.
Q: Can I sign up for articles about grants management and grant writing?
Q: What grant writing services do you provide?
A: In addition to our Grants Network suite of grants management software, eCivis provides Grants Professional Services (GPS) for customers seeking full grant writing services, editorial peer review assistance, or grant writing training. Our team of writers brings nearly four decades of successful grant writing experience to our clients.
We have more than 140 grant writers specializing in federal, state, and foundation grant writing ready to assist your local government agency or organization. Learn more about Grants Professional Services here.Collapse
Q: How much does grant writing cost?
A: Pricing for grant writing services is quoted on a case-by-case basis. Fees depend on several factors:
- Due date
- Length of narrative to be written
- Client's availability/engagement in working with the assigned grant writing contractor
- Additional client needs, including conference calls, assistance with forms, and assistance with registering for online e-grant system
Q: Do you review or edit proposals?
A: Yes. We offer peer review/ editing services to ensure that your application meets all the requirements and is ready to submit to the funder. We also offer full grant writing services.
Q: Do you accept commission-based payment from won grant money?
A: No. Payment based on whether a grant is won is against both eCivis and Grant Professionals Association (GPA) ethics. eCivis accepts only payment up front for grant writing services. To read more about ethical implications of paying a grant writer with grant award money, click here.
Q: Can you show me an example of a grant writing win you were a part of?
A:eCivis has helped clients win millions in grant dollars for communities across the United States. Take, for example, the Loveland Fire Rescue Authority in Colorado.