City and County of Denver, CO
- Implement a comprehensive grants management system with functionality including grant research, solicitations, process workflow, award management and tracking outcomes.
- Agencies will use the system to research and select grants and initiate the pre-award process workflow
- The solution should be integrated with PeopleSoft/Workday to allow transfer of award information into the agency’s budget and track spending.
- Improve compliance with Fiscal Accountability Rule (FAR) 9.1 to 90%.Maximize grant funding with more effective and user-friendly grant research tools.
- Better manage the entire grant process from research to post award functions and monitoring via automations and enhanced management reporting (e.g. win rates, grants by agency, grants by funder, etc.).
Harris County, TX
The objectives of the system were to improve comprehensive grant reporting by the County, track the County’s success rate in obtaining grants, identify grants available to fund projects, track expenses on a grant and department level basis, monitor grant deadlines and deliverables, and establish an audit trail for all grant activities. The grants management system was also required to perform the following key tasks:
- Search and allow access/submission to all available governmental and private foundation grants (updated frequently).
- Allow access to a database of previously accepted grants submissions for review purposes.
- Ability to track in detail the actual costs expended compared to the grant budget for an unlimited number of grants (or at a minimum 750 open grants at a time).
- Ability to track expenditures vs. time remaining on grant(s).
- Ability to integrate reimbursement, expense, budget, and performance metric data from one, or many, sources to the grant software.
City of Miami, FL
The City of Miami wanted a system to manage its pre-award and post-award activities in one place. They specifically wanted a grant management system to help drive the following:
- Local grants and funding;
- Solicit grant applications or track pass-through funding to sub-recipients, in order to monitor the outcomes of grant applicants and awardees;
- Centralize all grants management processes through a single system, to allow tracking and reporting on all grants management requirements;
- Manage performance outcomes easily, and be able to view available funding balances and share outcomes through a standard or custom reports;
- Track the history of completed tasks real-time;
- Assign recurring or nonrecurring tasks to individuals, groups or Citywide;
- Send grant funding opportunities to other City department users, apply for grant funding with other departments, and allocate the award as needed;
- Minimize data entry and improve usability through simple integrations to the City departments’ most widely used systems;
- Improve compliance by mapping internal policy and procedures to task and approval workflows; and
- Interface with City’s Oracle system with minimal Information Technology support
City of Detroit, MI
Detroit needed a Web-based grants management solution (GMS) that would support improved, compliant accounting practices and enable accurate, timely reporting. The system requirements included an intuitive user interface, support grants management best practices, utilize current technology, enable expedited implementation, and integrate with the city’s current and future financial systems.
Improving the City’s ability to manage its grants will help restore its financial stability and enable the City to raise and expend grant revenue in support of its strategic vision to propel Detroit forward. In addition to markedly improving compliance, accounting, and reporting, services to the citizens of Detroit should improve, which will help restore confidence in local government.